Day Eight
| I love summer - trying to enjoy the last few days of sunshine and warmth! |
Day Nine
| Going for a softer look today |
Day Ten
| First long-sleeved shirt of the season :) |
So many things have happened this past week! I have been feeling pretty crummy. In Fantasy Literature, we have been reading some longer works, by a German author. All of the stories we have read are closer to horror than fantasy, in my opinion, and I'm really sick of unhappy endings.
Alex and I were at Institute again on Tuesday, studying Buddhism this time. My heart started to feel odd, almost fluttery, and painful. The feeling got worse and worse, and we eventually had to leave class. I hated walking out in the middle of the lesson, it was so embarrassing, and disrespectful to the instructor. Alex got me safely home, and I did a lot better after some food and rest.
Unfortunately, the fluttery and painful feelings didn't go away the next morning, and so I ended up missing a day of class. I didn't like that much, either. One positive thing was that I had a Primary Children's follow-up appointment the very next day. They listened to my heart, and everything seems to be normal. I did well in my exams as well, and I am cleared to take a dance class next semester! I'm so excited for that!
Saturday was the final day of summer. My beloved Alex planned out an incredible date for the two of us. We got some yummy food, and brought everything up to a lovely park high on the mountain. We spread out a picnic blanket, poured some Martinelli's into fancy glasses, and ate and laughed. Alex thought of everything, as always, and we made it a wonderful day! We fed each other grapes, and ate Nutella right out of the jar. We toasted everything and anything with our fancy glasses.
After we had eaten, Alex pulled out a Frisbee, and we ran around with it for a while! He brought the bubble gun we bought in Disneyland, and some nerf guns, and we chased each other around for a while.
After a while, the sun was starting to go down, and I was getting chilly. We packed everything into his truck and drove to a church higher yet on the mountain. The view was incredible! The city lights by the water glowed and reflected golden off the clouds above us. Alex set up a bunch of blankets in the back of the truck, and we snuggled together and watched Up on his laptop. Up has always been one of my favorite movies, and it's very special to Alex and I.
After all this, we kissed like we invented it.
No comments:
Post a Comment