Monday, September 30, 2013

Day Twelve - Hello, Fall

Adventure Time!
September has gone by in a blur, hasn't it? October is right around the corner. As if to reflect this, my Fantasy Literature has begun the "horror" section of our curriculum. Silly me, I thought we were already reading horror stories! My mistake. If anything, these stories will teach me not to procrastinate! If I read them right before sleep time, I think I might just die.

I've caught a pretty nasty flu, unfortunately. Mixing that with my dysautonomia is really crummy, and I haven't been doing well for about a week now. I miss having the classroom discussion, and I'm really tired of laying around the house all day! Been there, done that.

My Alex came and took care of me on Sunday, because he's wonderful. We watched episodes of our favorite shows we had missed out on, Legend of Korra and Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Both of which, might I add, are utterly fantastic and highly recommended. We baked cookies together (well, he baked, and I admired him from the table because I am a sneezing mess currently), and we played some board games. Alex's family loves board games, so he is fantastic at them! He always comes up with the best strategies. I just flip cards over and hope for the best, most of the time. I am happy to report, though, that I am a champion "Sorry!" player.

Alex always knows how to cheer me up, we had a great time together!

No comments: