Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day Seven - September 11th

After such big days this past week, today, September 11th, sort of snuck up on me. I usually try to remember it ahead of time so I can give this day the thought it deserves.

I was eight when the attack on the World Trade Center happened. When I woke up, I didn't know anything had happened. I can remember my parents watching the news on TV, but it didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary. I went to school like it was a normal day, and my teacher simply asked, "Did anyone watch the news today?". When all my classmates and I told her we hadn't, she continued class like it was a normal day.

I think my parents told me what had happened in the evening, after school, but I truly can't remember. As time has passed, I've understood more of what happened, and been so hurt for the people, and proud of my country.

My thoughts and prayers are with those who were affected, in any way, by the events of this tragedy.

No comments: