Tuesday, October 28, 2008

School Days

Today I'm going to talk about my school classes. At my junior high, we have four classes a day (not counting stupid advisory), with A and B days. Today was a B day, and I like A days a lot better.

A Days
On A days I have counselling office aid first, which is the best class EVER! I get to help out in the counselling office, and take notes around to teachers. Sometimes when all the counselors are in a meeting I even get to "run" the office by myself! Then I go to my German 2 class, which is always fun. The kids in that class are always really hyper and ask random questions (one of my favorites: how do you say "constipated parrot" in German? the answer was "verstopft Papagei" if anyone's curious lol). The teacher, Mr. Dean, is really fun and nice, he's one of my favorite teachers in the school. After German I go to PE, and I have Leslie, Drew, and Collin, some of my best friends, in that class. Right now we're doing mountain biking, which is fun and exciting. It would be a bit more fun if I didn't have a broken tailbone (I'll tell that story later), especially when we ride on the bumpy grass. I'm always a little sore after that class, but I'm really flexible so I do pretty well most of the time.

When the bell rings in PE my friends and I go to lunch, the best part of the day. We eat outside under a maple tree that has been dubbed "Canada" by Leslie (our resident ninja). I eat with Leslie, Janelle, Drew, and Devon, with others coming to join us on occasion. After lunch is over I go to biology, which can be kinda boring. I have my really close friend Austin in there, and we sit at the same table. We always finish our work quickly so we can talk and mess around, today Austin was writing a song thingy for trumpets. Biology is my last class, then everyone in my walking group goes to the "meeting place" on the weird red steppy thingies in the front of the school. We always hang out at the park after school too, that's probably my favorite part of the day.

B Days
On B days I have Honors English first, which can be...odd. Right now we're reading Animal Farm (tee-hee I read ahead and finished it), which is a sad book! Definitely not a favorite. After Honors I go to Seminary, which is a really fun class. I have a lot of fun (if insane) kids in there, and my teacher is really fun. Sometimes we just talk about random stuff and don't even have a lesson!

Then I have to run (literally) to the math trailers to go to geometry. I normally fall asleep in that class, there are some kids in there who just say random things to waste time. Then I go to lunch, and my two guyfriends (Austin and Josh) from geometry walk me there. We eat under Canada with Austin, Josh, Janelle, Eric, some of Janelle's friends (I can never remember their names lol) and on occasion, Leslie. After lunch there's only one class left, and it's a favorite: World Geography. My teacher, Mr. Earling, is one of my absolute favorite teachers ever, he makes the lessons so fun! The only thing I'm dreading is a big map project that's coming up, and as usual I'm procrastinating. It's evil...you have to make a whole civilization with mountains and oceans and stuff, and name EVERYTHING. So, send me ideas for names lol, I'll need all the help I can get. All my friends will have something named after them on the map somewhere, so maybe I'll post it if my drawing isn't too terrible.

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

It was fun to hear about your day-to-day experience at school. I feel a little naughty, like I have access to your journal or something. [evil grin] Rock on!

Hm. Names for a fictional civilization:

Celestia
Minkydom (in honor of the rabbit)
Philandathra (in honor of all who philander-- which is just a cool word)
Lillianer
Tigris

OK. My brain hurts. Time to stop. Chocolate break. Thanks for making me feel cool by commenting on my blog.

Wendy said...

Wow! You are a busy little bee each day! It sounds like you're enjoying your classes and friends, though. Way to go.

I'm one proud mom.

(but you better get going on your project!) (you knew I was gonna say that...LOL)

Love ya!

ed and jane said...

I never knew you liked country music. That is about all I listen to lately. There is one song that I would love to know the name of the singer. The song has the word "wrong" in it. About how he will be wise in loving again...wrong, . If you know that one please let me know.
loved getting to know you and your days better. I was a senior before i got to "run" a counselors office.
Way to go with your grades. We are so very proud of you. Keep up the good work..and we know it takes a lot of work to get straight A's. we love you Omi and Opa

Anonymous said...

Eww... it's a wall of text. Fun to read though. But one thing I don't get, mountain biking?? How the heck do you get mountain biking, do you have a portable mountain right next to your school or something?? Plus all the bikes probably cost a lot too. Is this a public or a private school...? Well anyway, for your project, try using Dreamer as a title for mountains/oceans and stuff. Or if Dreamer is too boring then stick in some random vowels, like... Dreamerea. Whoa, that sounds cool.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know I rock.I'm not good with names of places. Geography rocks! Am I still #1? FEED ME! In fact, feed me chocolate!!! Um...tad bit off subject...and you forgot Josh on A days. He usually comes, doesn't he? Just wondering. I'm just kind of typing now. Maybe because you won't e-mail me. I'm having so much fun in choir without you! =D Y'know, you should start bringing me food while I'm at my house. =^o^= My hat is better than yours!!!

Kathryn Robbins said...

I love the little virtual cat! It is sooooooooo cute!! Oh, and i will leave comments as soon as possible (once i check my email)
Love Janelle
P.s. cant it purr or something?